The Bus Residency provides the opportunity for a space outside of the studio, where practice can manifest from active engagement in and with the city, via a sightseeing tour bus.
Artists undertaking The Bus Residency are requested to:
- Complete at least one full route on a tour bus, however, will be free to “hop on/hop off” as much as they please along the way
- Produce work in response to this journey
Artists are offered:
- An opportunity to show their outcomes in an exhibition
- The experience of encountering different publics – in making the work and through exhibiting
- Free tickets for the bus tour
- Support with sourcing equipment (subject to availability)
- Mentorship by a curatorial team to help give shape to their ideas, which can be facilitated through studio visits, crits and email
The Bus Residency is curated by Lunch Club, a project group of four curators: Hannaa Hamdache, David McDiarmid, Julia Psilitelis and Joshua Speer. The name for this collective derived from the weekly lunchtime meetings where matters of organisation, concept and output would be discussed.
Images taken by Hannaa Hamdache.
For more information, please click here